The courses provide hands on training modules that cover all the necessary skills of stockmanship in both sheep and cattle and farming skills. Provide a base line education / experience for young people to use as a spring board to a rural career.
The present training program consists of a range of short courses which involve practical training, delivered on rural properties throughout the Hay district. The training and assessment is delivered by qualified trainers and subject matter experts who have extensive practical experience in primary production.
- Wool Harvesting & Handling
- Rural WH & S
- First Aid
- Small Engine and motor bike maintenance
- Livestock water maintenance
- Lamb management and identification procedure post lambing
- Yard Work & Sheep Handling
- Merino Sheep Evaluation (Classing), Prime Lamb Assessment & Pregnancy Scanning
- Sheep Dog Training, Working & Maintenance
- Cattle Evaluation & Handling
- Rural Fencing – Construction & Maintenance