Want to improve your understanding of seeding technology and seeding operations? This program has been developed to help operators with some experience in seeding operations to build their skills and knowledge about the latest technology to help them achieve better results in the field.
- Better understand the objectives in seeding and achieving the best crop emergence possible in a range of conditions
- Advantages of different types of machinery and setting-up
- How to set up a machine correctly for a range of field and crop conditions
- How to calibrate a machine correctly and accurately
- Use of guidance systems and application of data
Units Of Study:
This course is aligned to the following national units of competency:
- AHCWHS201 - Participate in work health and safety processes
- AHCMOM202 - Operate Tractors
- AHCMOM305 - Operate specialised machinery and equipment
Successful completion of assessment tasks will result in achieving a Statement of Attainment containing units of competency that can contribute to several nationally recognised qualifications
Eligibility Criteria :
Participants require basic skills and experience in the operation of tractors and broadacre and/or row-crop cultivation and seeding equipment.