The Master of Agribusiness was specifically developed for agribusiness and agricultural professionals to further their skills and knowledge in business strategy, finance, agricultural and resource economics, entrepreneurship and the environmental issues that impact the sector.
This course is available online or on campus. Online delivery includes week-long residential subjects.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Understand the trends and underlying influences impacting the agribusiness value chain and the global environment
- Use methods relevant to business decision making across the core areas of economics, finance and management in the agrifood and fibre context
- Analyse quantitative and qualitative data at an intermediate to advanced level
- Critically reflect on business analytical methods, models and tools as they have developed over time for a range of decision contexts
- Understand and define the pervasive elements of risk and uncertainty impacting agribusiness enterprises and industry segments
- Apply analytical methods, models and tools to agribusiness case studies, and define and analyse problems
- Articulate and present discussion, analysis and investigative findings using appropriate verbal and written communication as well as digital media
- Analyse and discuss, within different forums, the application of theory to a range of problems and decision making situations.
Units Of Study:
The Master of Agribusiness is a multi-modal coursework degree that is primarily delivered online suiting both the busy lives of agribusiness professionals as well as those located in remote areas. The course is accessible to all, with the technology allowing not only information but the opportunity to participate in lively discussions. Students are also able to interact with each other at intensives held in Melbourne at the start of each year of the course.
Although the course is designed to normally run part time, students do have the option of studying this course on a full time basis.
Students wishing to study agribusiness in a full time in an on-campus mode should consider an agribusiness specialisation within the Master of Agricultural Sciences (MC-AGSC).
Eligibility Criteria :
In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- an undergraduate degree in any discipline with at least an H3 (65%) weighted average, or equivalent; or
- a graduate or postgraduate certificate in any discipline with at least an H3 (65%) weighted average, or equivalent; or
- a graduate or postgraduate diploma in any discipline with at least an H3 (65%) weighted average, or equivalent;
- two years of documented relevant professional or management experience; or
- an honours degree in any discipline, or equivalent;
- a curriculum vitae or resume outlining professional experience; and
- two academic referee reports; and
- a personal statement outlining why they wish to be considered for the course.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.