This course for small area farmers and rural employees covers the safe operation of tractors with and without attachments and basic maintenance.
- safely operate tractors with or without attached equipment
- identify components, controls, checks, operation status
- set and secure equipment for operation
- WHS Licensing and Legislation
- Prepare a tractor for operation (including routine checks)
- Operate a tractor safely
- Complete and check tractor operations (including shutdown procedures)
Resources and method of delivery:
Participants will be provided with a Tractor Operation and Maintenance Training Manual. This practical course is delivered using a mixture of both indoor and outdoor instruction.
This course is mapped to the following national unit of competency, AHCMOM202 – Operate tractors.
To see current events and dates, refer to our AgCalendar here.
Units Of Study:
- Hazard, risk and control options
- Perform pre-start checks on unfamiliar tractor
- Daily service a tractor
- Perform weekly/50hr service on tractor
- Drive a tractor (basic)
- Attach, reverse and remove a trailed implement
- Attach and remove a 3-point linkage implement
- Attach and remove implement fitted with remote hydraulics
- Attach, operate and remove PTO driven implement
- Operate a tractor and implement in field condition
- Remove attachments, park tractors and review course