This course offers some practical strategies for your family and business to help guide you through making the big decisions.
- Are you hoping to pass the farm on to the next generation? How will you do this and fund your retirement?
- Is one of your children coming into the farm business? Or getting married?
- Are you worried about being fair to all your children in your Will?
Conversations around these important issues can be difficult without hurting family relationships. This workshop is an excellent starting point for looking at these issues. It offers some practical strategies for your family and business to guide you through the process.
Our workshop has been developed by Kathy Sims and Lyn Sykes. Lyn is a well known succession planning facilitator and Kathy is a CPA and former rural financial counsellor.
For more information A Guide to Succession Sustaining families and farms would be a great place to start. This book can be found at the Grains Research and Development Corporation website.
Units Of Study:
- Identifying family members' needs
- Accounting and legal issues
- Thinking about your retirement
- Centrelink concessions for farmers
- Reaching family agreement on a plan for your farm business.