Introducing Take Control, a program for farmers who want to become the best they can be!
If you’re a young farmer who wants a strong business that will support your family for life…
Or an established farmer who’s tired of working so hard after decades of not making enough money…
Or you simply want to increase your farm’s profitability to sell it for a fantastic price…
Take Control can help.
Join us and learn how to operate like a million-dollar farming business owner.
Take Control is a 10-week online-based training and coaching program designed to help farmers gain more clarity, focus and organisation within their farming business.
Access the course brochure here.
It’s not all about money. But when you increase your cash flow, you increase your choices. Here’s how you’ll do it…
Success is never because of just one thing: it’s a compound effect of doing lots of small things – and doing them well. That’s what this program is about. It’s the whole system for success – because farming’s a whole system.
Module 1: Take Control of YOU
As the farm owner, you are the #1 MOST important asset in your business. To start operating at a top level, you have to think like a million-dollar business owner. You’ll stop the behaviours (that you’re probably not even aware you’re doing) that are keeping you from success and start having a mindset that builds confidence…so all the other things can fall into place.
- The 6 TOP Producer traits you need to develop your million-dollar business owner mindset and stop second-guessing yourself
- How to get crystal clear on what you want from your life and how to properly document these goals in a system that allows you to make them happen
- Proven tricks to keep a positive mindset to keep going when most other farmers would quit
- The 8 winning habits of highly successful business owners: do these and people will start seeing you as a powerful business leader
- Strategies to stop your “stinking thinking” that’s sabotaging your current success
Module 2: Take Control of YOUR TIME
After taking control of yourself, time management is the next critical area to have a top 20% farming business. You’ll learn the proven time-management strategies to double your productivity AND free up at least 10 hours per week. You’ll open up to new ways of investing your time to focus on more money-producing activities and enjoy more stress-free time with family and friends.
- Discover the 11 Time Management Commandments to use your time to make a significant impact on your farm
- Set clear 10-year goals…then pull it back to 3 years, 12 months, and 90-day blocks to get (way)more done by working with clarity
- Create a strong rhythm in your business by setting up weekly meetings, then mastering weekly and daily planning to consistently achieve more every week, month, quarter, and year
Module 3: Take Control of YOUR BUSINESS
It’s time to get serious about the success of your farm by stepping up to become a strategic business owner. We’ll take the same business practices that top companies use and apply them to your farm. You’ll learn what it takes to double the profitability in your business within the next few years (to give you more freedom and stability) by working smarter, not harder.
- How to scale up your farm: the cornerstone of taking control of your business
- How to put an operations plan in place which will save you time, energy, money, and stress
- The surprising business tactic to increase your farm’s profitability (when Steve Jobs did this, it made Apple a billion-dollar company)
- How to simplify your business, then focus on a few key things so you’ll never plateau again as you steadily improve month after month
- The key shifts you need to make to hit the multimillion-dollar mark
Module 4: Take Control of YOUR TEAM
Controlling team members (especially when they’re your family!) is one of the biggest challenges in any business. In Module 4, you’ll learn how to manage your team like a million-dollar enterprise. You’ll understand how to manage different personalities, balance personal relationships, and balance egos to behave more like a business and less like a family farm.
- How to create clear job descriptionsfor each role on your farm
- How to write winning job ads to find and recruit the best employees
- How to set clear expectations to ensure all jobs get done the way *you* would do them!
- Implementing company protocolsto ensure employees are aligned with your business.
- Team communication secrets to start operating as a single unit, which brings enormous momentum, leads to more profitability, and removes stress
Module 5: Take Control of YOUR FINANCES
Real wealth creation happens when you work ON your farm, not IN it. As the leader of your farming business, you need to think like a financial director to optimise operations and make more money. What you’ll learn in this module will lead to an increase in wealth creation and highly sustainable business growth (without ever needing to take a finance class).
- How to create your Financial Scorecard to monitor where your money’s going and make financially smart decisions
- The key numbers you must track to become a million-dollar enterprise
- How to reduce costs and maximise profitability by performing a monthly financial audit
- The secrets to setting strong budgets so every $1 spent makes $2 back in profit
- How top business owners invest their money and how to get started
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How is Take Control different to other farming courses?
Take Control isn’t just a business program and it isn’t just a farming program: it’s both. It combines my 18 years working with Australia’s top business leaders with Greg’s knowledge of the farming industry. We truly are bringing the best of both worlds — taking proven multi-million-dollar business strategies and applying them in today’s farm setting.
But Take Control is also about so much more than that…
The mindset piece of the program is the most important part. Depression is rampant in the farming industry because it’s so high-stress and low-income. We want to help you make more money…but also live a better life.
You’ll learn to think like a business owner…which trickles into so many other areas of your life. You’ll feel more in control, you’ll feel more freedom, and you’ll be connected to a community of other farmers who know what it’s like. You won’t be alone in this.
Take Control is the only program we know of that combines the business of farming with the important mindset piece to live a better life.
2. What if the program doesn’t work for me?
Greg and I have helped hundreds of farmers make higher profits while working less and enjoying themselves more. We’re so confident this system works that we’re offering a 14 day money back guarantee.
Join us for a full 14 days and test out the program. If you don’t feel like you’ve gotten your money’s worth, just email me for a full refund.
You’ll either get results or you’ll get your money back. It’s that simple.
3. How will I find time to be a strategic business owner? I don’t even have time to wash my work clothes?
The good news is that doing the strategic work takes less time than you think. We’ll walk you through the 5 key areas of a successful farming business in the program and give you the Take Control Workbook to make it easy to take action and start seeing results.
You’ll also learn how to find and hire amazing team members so you can stop working so much. This is the only way you’ll free up your time to break through to the next level. And with our system, it’s much less overwhelming than you think to grow your team.
4. I have complicated family dynamics…will the program still work?
Most of our clients work on multi-family farms so we’re no strangers to the complications that happen when you work with your parents, spouse, siblings, or children.
That’s why we have an entire module dedicated to building a strong team inside Take Control. You’ll learn how to become a strong team leader, to objectively evaluate your team members, and how to communicate in a way that gets everyone working together. It’s not always easy to lead a family business, but it IS possible. And inside Take Control, you’ll learn how.
5. I’m sold, Andrew…but my dad/brother/wife isn’t. How can I convince them to sign up for Take Control?
We all want to know that we’re making smart investments. So I understand where they’re coming from!
First, remind your loved one of the guarantee. You have 14 days to test-drive the program and see if it works for you. If you’re not satisfied, I’ll refund your money. There’s no risk!
If they’re still not sure, have them email us at email@example.com. I’ll be happy to have a chat with them — not try to sell them on anything, but just answer any of their questions to help them decide if it’s a good fit.