The extension of the Drought Communities Programme provides funding of $81 million in 2018-19 to Eligible Councils to deliver benefits to targeted drought-affected regions of Australia. The program will support local community infrastructure and other drought relief projects for communities impacted by drought.
Funding will target infrastructure and other projects that:
- provide employment for people whose work opportunities have been impacted by drought
- stimulate local community spending
- use local resources, businesses and suppliers
- provide a long-lasting benefit to communities and the agricultural industries on which they depend.
To be eligible you must
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN); and
- be an Eligible Council, listed on business.gov.au and GrantConnect; or
- be invited to apply by the Minister
We can only accept applications:
- where it is submitted by the Chief Executive Officer of an Eligible Council or other council officer authorised to sign a grant agreement.
To be eligible your project must:
- be located in an Eligible Council area
- meet project requirements
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
- have at least $25,000 per application in eligible expenditure
- be undertaken in the project period and completed by 30 June 2019.