- Applicants must already have a private fixed wing licence or its equivalent.
- Those who live on stations or in small settlements in Outback Australia.
- Residents of the larger outback centres of Australia who provide assistance to those who live on stations or in small settlements in Outback Australia.
- Australian Citizens and permanent residents of Australia.
The Roger Connellan Award was established in 2016 in memory of EJ’s son Roger Connellan. Roger was the Chief Check and Training Captain of Connair and responsible for checking the department of Civil Aviation check pilots till his untimely passing on 5 January 1977. He helped establish the Alice Springs Aero Club in 1964 to cater for the need to bring training to the bush and gained the highest licence achievable in Australia, Airline Transport Licence – First Class Instrumental rating, single Pilot.
- AIM: The Roger Connellan Award gives the opportunity, by the provision of financial support, to people living in Outback Australia for professional development in an aviation related field excluding initial licensing.
The award will be made to an exceptional applicant for further qualifications and professional development programs in a recognised professional aviation field e.g. fixed wing, rotary, balloon, airship, RPAS (remotely piloted aircraft system).
- TIMELINE: Applications open on June 1 and close on July 15 of each year. The Trust’s decision will be notified to applicants by September 30 each year.
- APPLICATIONS: All Application and Acquittal forms can be downloaded as a ‘Word’ document from the Trust website and filled in and uploaded with attachments online, or posted to the Executive Officer at P.O. Box 749, Williamstown, South Australia 5351.