The Australian Farmer of the Year Awards are designed to celebrate and applaud the outstanding achievements of those individuals and families making a significant contribution to Australian Agriculture.
The Australian Farmer of the Year Awards are an opportunity for people across the country to tell their story about farming and life in rural Australia. To celebrate their success, resilience, innovation and commitment, and share the integrity and enduring nature of our agriculture industry.
All category winners will get the opportunity to part in a one-day leadership program held in Canberra the day before the announcement ceremony. Supported by the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, this workshop will assist award recipients to clarify and guide their leadership journey.
The 2019 award categories include:
- The Kondinin Group and ABC Rural 2019 Australian Farmer of the Year
- Young Farmer of the Year, sponsored by McDonalds
- Farming Legend of the Year
- Community Leader of the Year, sponsored by Market Check
- Rural Consultant of the Year, sponsored by Corteva Agriscience
- Agricultural Student of the Year *NEW*
- Award for Excellence in Innovation, sponsored by Telstra
- Award for Excellence in Technology, sponsored by New Holland
- Award for Excellence in Diversification, sponsored by Decipher
- Award for Excellence in Agricultural Research, sponsored by Corteva Agriscience *NEW*
Winners will be announced at a special ceremony on 16 October 2019 at Parliament House, Canberra.
The 2019 Australian Farmer of the Year Awards are supported by Platinum Sponsors WFI; Award Sponsors McDonalds, Market Check Corteva Agriscience, Telstra, New Holland and Decipher; Leadership Program by Department of Agriculture and Water Resources; Industry Supporters the National Farmers’ Federation, AgSafe, Goldacres and Blundstone; and Media Partner RM William’s OUTback.
- Nominations are open to individuals and families involved in farming enterprises or rural communities.
- Entrants can nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party.
- Award recipients must be available from 14 October – 16 October 2019.