A low interest loan up to $100,000 can assist you with essential working capital for expenses such as:
- paying salaries or wages
- paying creditors
- paying rent or rates
- buying goods, including for example, fuel essential to carry on the primary production enterprise
- buying fodder or water for livestock or produce or transporting livestock or product
More information provided on the Queensland Government website.
To be eligible for assistance, you must have suffered a significant loss of income as a result of an eligible disaster and your enterprise must be located in an activated local government area.
- Southern Queensland Bushfires 6-12 September 2019
- Severe Tropical Cyclone Trevor and associated low pressure system 19-27 March 2019
- North and Far North Queensland Monsoon Trough 25 January - 14 February 2019
- Central Queensland Bushfires, 30 November - 6 December 2018
- Severe Tropical Cyclone Nora and Associated Flooding, 24 – 29 March 2018
- North Queensland Flooding, 6 – 10 March 2018
- North and North West Queensland Low and Associated Rainfall and Flooding, 24 February – 8 March 2018
- Central Coast Queensland Severe Weather, 16 – 19 October 2017
Please note that primary producers can only receive assistance under the Natural Disaster Assistance Scheme OR the Natural Disaster Assistance (Essential Working Capital) Scheme for an eligible disaster - not both.