In collaboration with Murray Local Land Services (LLS) and the Central Murray County Council, Edward River Council is offering grants of up to $4,000 to support landholders in the Edward River local government area eradicate noxious weeds on private property.
Conditions of funding include:
- Funding is provided to assist in the management of noxious weeds on private properties. Funding cannot be used to support the eradication or removal of weeds on public land.
- Funding is provided on a dollar-for-dollar funding basis. Successful applicants must contribute 50 per cent of the total project cost.
- Funding is capped at $4,000 per applicant. This means the maximum project cost is $8,000.
- Funding can only be used to eradicate or remove noxious weeds identified in the Murray Regional Strategic Weed Management Plan as either a ‘Priority Weed’ or ‘Weed of Local Concern’. The plan can be accessed from the Murray LLS website.
- Funded projects must be completed by April 2019.
All applications received will be assessed by a panel comprising representatives of Council, Murray LLS and the Central Murray County Council. Funds will be distributed based on the assessment undertaken by the panel until all available funds are expended.Add to favoritesVisit WebsiteSave For Later