The Victorian Government, through the Managing Fruit Fly in Victoria – Regional grants program, is empowering regional industries and communities to take the lead on fruit fly management in their local area.
Community grants of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) are available to eligible applicants in rural and regional Victoria to support:
- the regional co-ordination of fruit fly management activities
- the delivery of localised on-ground community control programs
- local communication and engagement activities to raise awareness of, and increase participation in, fruit fly management by stakeholders in regional Victoria.
To be eligible for a community grant, applicants must be from one of the following groups in rural and regional Victoria:
- horticulture industry groups (e.g. Horticultural industry associations)
- Victorian regional local government authorities (e.g. Shire or Rural City Council), or
- not-for-profit organisations and community groups that:
- are an incorporated body, cooperative or association
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or can provide written advice from the Australian Tax Office that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment.