Farm Table says:
Each year, Planfarm and Bankwest release a report on the financial and production performance of broadacre farm businesses in WA.
It is compiled from the records of:
- Bedbrook Johnston Williams
- Business Ag
- Ag Asset
The report includes data from 532 farm businesses.
The key findings are:
- The average WA farm business made an operating surplus of $680k from a turnover of $2.1m
- Return on Capital from production in 2015-2016 was just ahead of the long-term average at 4.7%
- Business health has stabilized at good levels, with average farm equity increasing slightly from last year to 81%
- Low-interest rates and debt reduction are driving the ongoing trend of equity improvement
- Low rainfall regions experienced average to high rainfall, while the higher rainfall regions experienced low to lowest on record which production yields mirrored.