Farm Table says:
This article talks about biodiversity and how it’s the key to landscape regeneration in Australia.
Key points were as follows:
- Biodiversity provides us with a healthy planet in which to live and survive.
- “Preserving and boosting biodiversity is imperative to enhancing soil health and ensuring a sustainable, regenerative and productive food system, which will support rural livelihoods and a healthy environment.”
- Ecosystems form an important part of biodiversity, it’s important to maintain ecosystems and ensure they don’t weaken.
- For agricultural production to be sustainable and for ecosystems to be maintained, the following should be considered:
- Introduce rotational grazing and cropping
- Increase or regenerate natural habitat areas
- Minimise the use of chemicals such as insecticides, herbicides and pesticides