Farm Table says:
Animal welfare is at the heart of any good farming business.
Our responsibility for the wellbeing of stock starts at birth and continues, not only while they are in our care, but also beyond the farm gate.
This web page has been developed by Dairy NZ and covers the following topics:
- fit for transport – calves must be fit for transport before they leave the farm
- loading facilities – guidelines for calf holding and loading facilities
- bobby calf care – treat all calves with care and make sure they are fit for transport
- new regulations for young calves have been introduced by the Ministry for Primary Industries (New Zealand)
- fit for transport poster – eight things calves require to be fit for transport