Farm Table says:
This article discusses how BREEDPLAN compares cattle in different environments, how it links to other related breeding and looks at genetic trends.
Items covered in this article were:
• BREEDPLAN management groups
• Linking animals
• Genetic and environmental trends
Key points were as follows:
• BREEDPLAN evaluates cattle based on genetics and is an online program.
• BREEDPLAN compares genetically linked groups and also separates groups that may have been treated different; these are known as management groups.
• Animals can be linked on BREEDPLAN when they have a genetic connection such as a dam or sire.
• Genetic trends can be viewed over a certain period of time and this can also take into account the environmental trends such as seasons, feed and management.