Farm Table says:
This article talks about agroecology and helps producers understand the benefits that come from a more organic source of food production.
Key points were as follows:
- The three ways of defining agroecology include:
- Farming practices such as organic farming, crop rotation and agroforestry.
- Scientific disciplines such as climate change, soil health and biodiversity.
- Social movements such as ARC2020, where people come together and work towards the same agri-food production goals.
- Agroecology is all about sustainable farming practices that improve biodiversity.
- Production methods for agroecology include long term sustainability of farming systems for items such as soil health.
- Food processing and distribution in an egroecology framework have minimal conventional processes and inputs.
- An important fact for consumers to know about agroecology is that it is the opposite to conventional farming and a similar method to that of organic farming.