Countrywide takes you outside the cities into regional Australia, talking about the food you eat, how it’s produced, and what all this means for the Australian economy. (ABC)
Previous episodes include:
- 24 Aug 2019 – Dairy despair as milk prices fall to flow through the farm gate, the Indonesian Instagram mum shaking up the beef trade and an uplifting anthem for drought stricken communities.
- 27 July 2019 – The price of milk is set to increase, the Federal Government announces a Drought Future Fund, two people have died after contracting listeriosis, pastoralists in northern WA begin de-stocking.
- 22 June 2019 – The chemical, Fipronil, has been blamed for poisoning millions of bees in NSW, a new Australian record price for lamb has been set and Australian farm values have skyrocketed in the last year.
- 1 June 2019 – Australia has its first female Agriculture Minister, pigs are being buried alive in China and a superfood glut drops prices for quinoa and chia.
- 25 May 2019 – Numbers of cattle lost in floods in the tens of million, dairy factory closure, shear jitsu and an award for Pip Courtney.