Farm Table says:
The Dairy Farm Monitor Project is a joint initiative between DEPI and Dairy Australia. It provides financial and production analysis for farms across Australian states.
An example of state reports is below:
VIC Dairy Farm Monitor Project
- Analysis of 75 dairy farms spread evenly across three dairy regions – South West, Gippsland, and northern Victoria.
- In its 10th year
- the 2015-16 season was characterized by dry seasonal conditions, high water costs, reduced pasture availability, higher feed costs, and lower milk prices.
- Overall, dairy farm profits declined in 2015-16, with data showing average whole farm earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) falling to $70,804, a 70 percent decrease compared with the previous year.
- This was the third lowest EBIT level recorded over the ten-year history of the report
- Return on assets was 0.6 percent compared with last year’s 5.3 percent.