Farm Table says:
This article discusses the design of agricultural landscapes for biodiversity-based ecosystem services and how this is an important tool for sustainability moving forward.
Key points were as follows:
- As the world population grows, sustainable agricultural systems are needed even more.
- High yielding crops helps in the sense of food production however the reverse affect is that conventional farming methods negatively affect biodiversity.
- In a brutal cycle agriculture relies on the environment but agricultural practices cause damage to the environment.
- Research in recent times has focused on increasing biodiversity and natural habitats in conjunction with agricultural landscapes.
- Redesigning agricultural landscapes can incorporate and promote ecosystems.