Farm Table says:
The questionnaire that asks a different set of questions whether you are current controllers of the business or family members working in the business.
Some of the questions include:
- Describe your role in the business.
- Do you want to change these, and if so, in what way?
- Do you currently have financial security?
- Do you want to transfer general control of the farm to your children?
- Do you want to affect a transfer, but retain some control?
- How much would be reasonable to meet your needs in retirement?
- If your parents are to “retire”, do you know the sources of their “retirement income”?
- Have your parents communicated their estate planning intentions to you?