Farm Table says:
What is the problem?
Opportunities for new farm business structures to address constraints on small-medium size family farms
What did the research involve?
Are broadacre producers interested in pursuing opportunities to develop joint venture (JV) farm business structures?
- What joint venture business structure characteristics are most attractive to broadacre grain producers?
- Are there unique socio-demographic and attitudinal variables associated with interest in different joint venture structures?
What were the key findings?
- Reasons for considering a joint venture
- What are the options for joint business structures?
There is a small, but significant niche farmer interest in the adoption of JV structures, despite the current low levels of adoption.
- Farmers are interested in a diverse range of joint venture structure characteristics.
- Important farmer segments were identified that are more open to collaboration and considering a range of JV decision models.
- Structures that can accommodate members with different preferences for control need exploring.