Weekly insights for small farmers and aspiring farm based entrepreneurs who want to earn a living on the land doing something that they care about. A weekly show that tracks the farm season featuring two hosts: Darby Simpson and Diego Footer of Permaculture Voices. We focus on small family farming, grass based livestock, pastured poultry, grassfed beef, pastured pigs, farmsteading, farm sales and marketing, and work-life balance.
Previous episodes include:
- Farm Changes & Design – Creating A Farm Business That Fits Your Life
- How to Position Your Pastured Poultry as a Premium Product, and the Economics and Challenges of Doing It with Paul Greive of Primal Pastures
- PROFITABLE Pastured Poultry Economics [AND 10 Proven Marketing Strategies]
- Do You Have a Farm Business or a Farm Job?
- Converting a Row Crop Field to Pasture – Part 2 – The Result
- The Challenges of Hiring Labor (When You Need It) for a Growing, Small Farm
- Big Farm Aspirations and Funding Them with Kelly Bush of Vances Mill Farms
- Facebook Farm Marketing and the Selling Meat Subscription Boxes
- Getting More Value from An Aging Layer Flock