Farm Table says:
Did you know?
You must apply to your local government for an appropriate permit to move or graze stock on the stock route network.
When is a grazing (agistment) permit required?
To agist stock on:
- stock routes
- reserves for travelling stock
- roads and other land under local government control.
- provide short-term relief while longer term strategies are put in place.
- valid for a maximum of 7 days and cannot be renewed. P
- permits for other stock are issued for a maximum for 28 days and can be renewed once only.
The fee range set by legislation is given below.
|Type of stock||Minimum fee per head per week||Maximum fee per head per week|
|Large stock||$1.12 inc GST||$2.70 inc GST|
|Small stock||$0.10 inc GST||$0.42 inc GST|
How to apply?
- Complete the Application for a stock route grazing (agistment) permit .
- Lodge it with the relevant local government.