Farm Table says:
This article talks about the internet of things being available in South Australia by the end of 2017 and what producers all over the state can look forward to in the near future.
Key points were as follows:
- South Australia was lucky enough to be selected as the first state in Australia to receive a regional Internet of Things network.
- The network is expected to be up and running by mid-2017 and available state wide, regardless of location.
- South Australian industries such as agriculture, food, wine and forestry export will all be able to take advantage of the technology.
- The IoT network is between 20-50 times more accessible than the 3G network.
- The national IoT rollout is expected to begin at the end of 2018.