Farm Table says:
This article was prepared by Meat & Livestock Australia in 2013. It covers the following:
Market specifications for beef cattle: a management practice to achieve a consistent supply of quality beef cattle that meet market specifications for age, weight , quality and consistency.
Why is it used?
It allows producers to:
1) breed cattle specific to market specifications
2) achieve profitability within a cattle enterprise
3) better manage seasonal conditions
4) review carcase performance and make improvements
5) understand short and long term market trends
6) be a reputable producer of quality and consistent beef cattle