This “Back Pocket Guide” was produced by GRDC in 2016.
The key sections, calculations and diagrams include:
- Information on Nozzle selection – which should be based on flow rate, spray quality, fan angle and nozzle type
- Nozzle types commonly used in grain production
- Spray patterns
- Nozzle angle and height above the target
- Steps to selecting appropriate nozzles using manufacturer’s spray charts
- Nozzle flow chart and application rates (L/ha) at various speeds
- Are you likely to spend much of your spraying time below the minimum speed?
- Examples of spray quality charts for various nozzle types
- How many sets of nozzles are needed to cover most jobs?
- Suggested spray quality and application volumes for most broadacre applications
- Nozzle selection – calculations for different set-ups
- Selecting nozzles for banded applications and shielded sprayers
- Determining the required flow rate (L/min/nozzle) to select nozzle size and pressure for a shield or band
- Determining application and mixing rates (L/sprayed ha) for shields and bands
- What to put In the rate controller (L/paddock ha) for banded or shielded spraying
- Matching rates for full shields and guess row shields (where fitted)
- Sprayer checks and calibration