Our Farms, Our Future brings together the sustainable agriculture community for thought-provoking conversations about the state of agriculture, how we got here, and where we’re headed. The series is produced by the USDA Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program.
Previous episodes include:
- Why On Farm Research Matters – Dean Baas and Alan Sundermeier – discuss the importance of on-farm research.
- Aquaponics – JP Knobloch and Tim Hydar – Discuss growing food indoors while saving water and minimising waste.
- Building Resilience – Laura Lengnick and Don Teske – Discuss implementing shifts in our food system to value the family farmer.
- Protecting Our Pollinators – Eric Lee-Mäder and Rachel Coventry – Discuss the role of native pollinators in agriculture.
- Women In Agriculture – Jen Filipiak and Maud Powell – Discuss their projects to create more access and support for women identified farmers in the U.S.
- Bridging the Rural-Urban Divide – Becca Jablonski and Charlie Jackson – Discuss the benefits of connecting farmers to diverse metropolitan markets.