As part of its mandate to support and promote organic agriculture on PEI, COPC hosted six podcasts exploring content related to organic farming on PEI. From local stories and events to marketing tips and industry specific research, in the future we hope to interview a large crop of great folk to cover as many topics as there are farmers on this island! (Organic PEI)
Previous episodes include:
- Charlottetown Farmers Market – importance and longevity of the Charlotte Farmers Market.
- Morell Farmers Market – chat with market organiser to talk about the importance of organic farming and community markets.
- Farm Centre Farmer’s Market – chat with market manager and organic farmers.
- Dexter Cattle Company – While the cattle nuzzled up for scratched, Mike talked about what it’s like to be an organic beef farmer.
- Homesteading with the Prinsloos – They talked about transitioning from city to country life and learning how to homestead along the way.
- Cardigan Farmers Market – Takes us on a little trip to the Cardigan Farmers Market where two COPC members sell their organic produce throughout the growing season.