Purdue Dairy Digest is a podcast series, created by Purdue Extension Animal Scientists, designed to be a resource for industry information. A new podcast will be available every other week for free download by noon on Wednesday. Each podcast will run about two minutes and will include both information directed to dairy farmers and some general information for the public.
Every first and third Wednesday of the month, Purdue Extension Dairy Specialists, Dr. Tamilee Nennich, Dr. Mike Schutz, and others, will speak about topics important to both producers and consumers to help bridge the gap between the two. Podcasts will include information on general dairy topics, management issues, animal welfare, updates on upcoming conferences and meetings and more.
- The Optimal Range for Milk Urea Nitrogen in Dairy Cattle
- The Use of Genomics to Predict Future Health Outcomes in Dairy Cattle
- Facial Recognition in the Dairy
- Lung Ultrasonography to Assess Health in Calves
- The Science Behind A2 Milk
- Body Condition Scoring and its effect of Reproduction
- Changes that Occur when Ensiling Corn Silage