Farm Table says:
This document from the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection outlines eligibility criteria and standards for feedlotting sheep.
Eligibility criteria includes:
- feeding of more than 1000 but not more than 10,000 standard sheep units
- not located on deep sands
- does not occur within 100 meters of any watercourse, wetland or spring.
Standard conditions include:
- identify potential risks to the environment
- ensure plant and equipment is maintained
- an activity must not cause the release of dust or particulates that cause the environmental nuisance.