Farm Table says:
This article refers to a late 2016 article in Successful Farming and statistics from their 2016 Technology in Ag Study.
The article states that although UAVs were first received with hesitation in the agricultural industry, we are now realising the benefits and discovering how drones can improve on farm production.
Key points from the article and the Successful Farming statistics include
- 9% of the ag industry already owns a drone
- 3% of the ag industry will own a drone within the next 12 months
- 17% of the ag industry will own a drone within the next one-to-two years
- 33% of the ag industry will own a drone within two or more years
- 38% of the ag industry doesn’t plan to purchase a drone
- 49% of growers would hire a drone service
- 36% of growers would purchase a drone on their own to use
- 15% of growers would hire a drone service and purchase one on their own