Farm Table says:
This article looks at catering livestock production to meet specific target markets and maximising producer returns in the process.
The items covered in this article are:
- Potential livestock markets (beef, lamb, sheepmeat and goatmeat)
- Managing livestock to meet market specifications
- Understanding the market
- Eating quality and markets
- Market specification tools
Key points were as follows:
- The importance of understanding market specifications in livestock markets such as beef, lamb, sheepmeat and goatmeat.
- Ensuring livestock reach target weights and are finished correctly to obtain the highest return.
- Review feedback sheets from processors to better understand your performance and to make future improvements.
This article concludes that all livestock businesses can target specific markets by breeding their specific livestock (beef, lamb, sheepmeat, goatmeat) to meet those specifications. By continually reviewing the livestock’s performance after processing will enhance your knowledge and provide information to make improvements in the future.Log in or Register to save this content for later.