This webpage produced by GRDC in 2018 looks at what happens in the year after a hayed-off crop.
The key sections include:
- The dry limited yields in 2015
- 2016 yields and nitrogen rates
- How does a hayed-off crop affect soil N?
It also provides links to the following relevant information
- Dig deeper if you really want to know about Nitrogen
- Using deep soil cores for Nitrogen, Potassium & Sulfur
- What nutrients are lost when making hay from failed crops?
- Tips to tweak your crop nutrition program following drought
- What’s the minimum Phosphorus rate if you are following a poor crop