Farm Table says:
The take home messages from this GRDC funded research are below. Please access the full paper via the link below for methodology, references, acknowledgements and discussion.
Take home messages from the paper include:
- Paddock size, or available grazing area, is key to maximize grazing efficiency
- Strip fencing may be necessary to ‘create’ the required stock density
- Water sources must be of good quality and well located within each paddock
- Identify the class of stock and their indicative weight and consumption needs before sowing to determine the likely area of grazing crop needed (use regional dry matter crop growth rates to assist)
- Increased profitability per hectare gross margin by comparison to crop only situations.