Council on ‘high alert’ after dog eats hidden rat poison at popular Sydney walking spot

Updated September 18, 2018 14:52:01

Photo: Lily Kenny had to rush her rescue greyhound Lola to the vet. (Supplied: Facebook)

A Sydney council says its parks staff are on “high alert” after a local dog was poisoned by rat bait hidden inside meat at a popular inner-west dog-walking spot.

In a post to her Facebook page, Rozelle resident Lily Kenny said she was walking her dog Lola at a grassed reserve on the Bay Run at Lilyfield on Monday when the greyhound ingested a large amount of rat poison that had been “purposely planted in a local oval by some horrible person”.

External Link:

Lily Kenny facebook post

“It breaks my heart that people can be this horrible and heartless,” she wrote in the post which has since received thousands of comments.

“I really hope no other dogs were affected by this, but please be cautious guys!”

Read More at www.abc.net.au