The course includes types of fencing and basic design for purpose, the identification and use of common farm fencing tools and equipment, selecting fencing knots, fencing safety (OHS) and budgeting for fence construction. Participants will undertake practical fencing activities.
Visit website for available sessions this year.
Units Of Study:
- Gate construction
- Fencing safety OHS
- Equipment required to construct and maintain fences
- Identify fences appropriate for livestock
- Safety issues and legal requirements for fences
- Basic design and operation of a fence
- Electric fence design (temporary, cells and permanent)
- Testing of voltage levels in fence
- Selection of appropriate energiser
- Budgeting for fence construction
- Construction of permanent fence
- Demonstration safe use of equipment
- Selecting appropriate fencing knots