To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Hold Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Be commencing university studies at the University of Melbourne in 2019 for the first time (having not completed prior university studies at any other institution)
- Commence full-time studies in Semester 1, 2019, in the Bachelor of Agriculture in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP)
- Apply and accept an offer to reside at a residential college of the University of Melbourne in 2019
- Provide a demonstration of disadvantaged financial background
- Currently live in a rural or regional area of Victoria*
*A student is deemed to come from rural or regional Victoria if they completed their secondary schooling whist living in a location not defined as a major city by the Australian Standard Geographic Classification (ASGC) Remoteness Area classification. Postcodes will be used to assess rural status.
Established in 2014, The William Buckland Foundation Residential Scholarship Program seeks to assist students from rural and regional Victoria to access higher education to complete studies in Agriculture and Land Management. The William Buckland Foundation Residential Scholarship Program builds on Mr Buckland’s desire to assist ‘Australia and Australians’ in ‘agricultural pursuits.’ This substantial scholarship aims to assist students from regional and rural areas with their living accommodations during their three years of study.
This scholarship, worth over $40,000, supports rural students commencing a Bachelor of Agriculture. It is awarded by the William Buckland Foundation in conjunction with the University Colleges. Scholarship recipients will receive annual College fee remission or support towards accommodation costs for up to three years. Scholarship recipients will receive annual payments for a period of three years. The total value of the scholarship is dependent on the college the student accepts an offer for. Up to three scholarships are available in 2019.
A William Buckland Foundation Scholarship may be held along with any other award or grant, provided the rules of such other awards permit this.
Add to favoritesVisit WebsiteSave For Later