The General Jeffery Soil Health Award is open to any individual farmer, land manager, extension specialist or educator who is making an outstanding contribution to improving soil health in Australia.
The General Jeffery Soil Health Award:
- recognises, honours and celebrates an individual’s outstanding contribution to improving soil health through activities including:
- undertaking good management practice on the ground and/or;
- extending knowledge, and advocating for, improved soil management, and/or;
- educating and raising awareness about the importance of maintaining and improving soil health.
- promotes better management practices to improve soil health across the landscape
- provides a platform to promote what is being done to improve and promote soil health at a meaningful scale
- honours the remarkable work of Australian’s first National Soils Advocate, Major General the Hon Michael Jeffery, AC, AO (Mil), CVO, MC (Retd)
- is sponsored by the Office of the National Soils Advocate.
- be any individual farmer, land manager, extension specialists or educator
- not be a group or organisation
- be an Australian citizen
- be actively involved in soil health activities (this may be in a range of capacities – as a farmer, land manager, extension officer, an educator)
- have demonstrated leadership and a commitment to natural resource management and sustainable agriculture
- to be considered for the award, nominees must complete all of the questions in the nomination form.