DairyTas provides small project grants to assist regional groups, industry and advisors with local projects for the dairy industry.
DairyTas Board Inc invites applications for the funding of projects that encourage dairy industry groups to plan, carry out and promote their own on-farm demonstration or extension project to improve the performance and profitability of dairy farms in their locality.
Applications for projects must address priorities identified in the Dairy Industry Strategic Plan and have direct value to group members and their locality.
Priority areas include:
- assisting dairy farmers to manage change
- improving whole farm productivity and profitability
- sustaining the natural resource base
- animal and feedbase performance
- improving business and management skills
- training and education