A low interest loan up to $1,000,000 can assist primary producers and business owners whose assets have sustained exceptional damage as a direct result of the North and Far North Queensland Monsoon Trough. Loans are available to assist with:
- repair or replace damaged plant and equipment used in your primary production enterprise or business
- repair or replace buildings
- meet requirements for carrying on your primary production enterprise or business, including:
- buying goods used to operate the business
- paying rates, rent or wages
- paying creditors
- for a primary production enterprise – meet carry-on requirements including:
- re-planting, restoring or re-establishing areas affected by the disaster event
- buying livestock to replace livestock lost as a result of the disaster event
- sustaining livestock
- carrying on essential property operations
All queries contact Freecall 1800 623 946 or contact the nearest Regional Area Manager.
The initial annual interest rates for these concessional loans can be found here.
To be eligible for assistance you must have been operating a primary production enterprise or business in the "defined disaster area".