The Victorian Forestry Plan has been developed to assist the industry as it manages a gradual transition away from native timber harvesting.
The FBTV program offers access to tailored support through business services to equip affected businesses with a better understanding of their business capabilities, options, and strategies for transition.
Registered Service Providers can provide the following support to Participants:
- Business Diagnostic – an initial check of the business’ status to help identify future opportunities and next steps.
- Business Transition Plan – developed by the Registered Service Provider and the Participant, this is a more in-depth identification of diversification opportunities and includes the strategies and capabilities the business needs to pursue in order to transition to future opportunities in forestry or other industries.
- Updates of established plans – where a business has an established transition plan, a Registered Service Provider can be engaged to undertake a review of the existing plan. The review will determine if appropriate strategies are in place to assist the Participant through the transition period and make recommendations for change where appropriate. A Participant may be eligible for assistance to develop a revised Business Transition Plan if necessary.
- hold a current VicForests Timber Supply Agreement
- hold a Forest Produce Licence issued by VicForests
- are a timber harvest and/or haulage business with a current VicForests Agreement.