Available for primary producers:
- located within a disaster-declared area under Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA)
- who hold a current Individual Disaster Stricken Property (IDSP) declaration.
Freight subsidies may be made available for moving materials such as:
- emergency fodder for livestock to the primary producer’s home property
- building, fencing materials, machinery and equipment
- animals purchased for restocking as a result of the disaster
You may be eligible for an IDSP declaration if your property is not in an area activated for NDRRA assistance but has suffered significant damage from a natural disaster.
Once you have a declaration you can apply for freight subsidies.
More information on how to apply for IDSP declaration and freight subsidies can be found on the Queensland Government website.
A primary producer is a person who spends the majority of their labour on, and derives the majority of their income from, a primary production enterprise.