Kangaroo Island primary producers directly impacted by the 2019–2020 bushfires may be eligible to apply for a rebate to increase water security.
You may be eligible for a rebate of up to 50% (maximum $50,000 ex GST) for the costs associated with the purchase, installation, and repairs to on-farm water infrastructure for livestock and permanent horticulture that:
- increases water security for animal welfare purposes now and for future adverse events
- assists primary producers to be more resilient to future adverse events to protect high-value livestock and horticulture assets.
Funding is available for applicants who:
- have completed eligible water infrastructure activities
- are planning to undertake water infrastructure activities (including placing orders)
- can provide evidence of their completed or proposed activities
- meet the eligibility criteria outlined in the guidelines.