The Department of Transport and Main Roads provides a drought assistance package for eligible registered operators of vehicles.
This package is offered in conjunction with the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries and the Queensland Police Service.
Items included in the package are:
- Multi-combination drought permits
- Increase to the maximum loaded dimensions of baled or rolled hay or straw
- An additional registration pay term of 3 months and exemption from surcharge for a 3 or 6 month registration pay term
- Exemption from an administrative fee for late payment of registration
- Waiving of certificate of inspection fees
- Seasonal registration vehicles can have dormant period extended to two years
- Cancellation and re-registration of vehicles
- Fodder transport with primary producer concession
- Farm plate concession vehicles able to cart water for up to 80 km
- Stock grazing on declared road reserves
Primary producers are eligible for drought assistance if their property has been drought declared by the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.