The objective of the Farming in Reef Catchments Rebate Scheme is to help sugarcane, beef cattle and banana producers in the Great Barrier Reef regions offset the cost of obtaining professional advice about managing nutrient and sediment pollution for improved water quality outcomes for the Great Barrier Reef.
Assistance available under this scheme is a rebate up to $1,000.
- be a primary producer operating a primary production enterprise on land that is substantiallyin the eligible area;
- have received the eligible professional advice no earlier than one year before the scheme commenced from an Accredited Agricultural Adviser at the time of application and who is not:
i. related to you; or
ii. employed by an entity owned or partially owned by you;
- have been a primary producer on the primary production enterprise when the advice was received;
- not have already claimed the rebate in relation to the primary production enterprise; and
- not have received any assistance from the Australian or Queensland Government programs around managing nutrient and sediment run-off on your commercial agricultural property.