The $175 million Jobs and Regional Growth Fund is one of the funding programs that are helping stimulate private sector investment and creating jobs across the state.
The fund is helping to facilitate private sector projects that create employment and economic growth opportunities in regional areas. The fund focuses primarily on regions outside South East Queensland however, projects located in all areas with higher than average unemployment may be considered.
Financial assistance ranging from $100,000 to over $10 million is available. Applications are assessed against an appropriate set of criteria, and the type and level of assistance is determined on a case-by-case basis.
Applications are considered across a broad range of medium to large businesses in Queensland, to kick-start both new projects and expansion plans that maximise benefits for regional employment and economic growth.
The Jobs and Regional Growth Fund provides one-off financial assistance in either direct grants or relief of state charges (e.g. payroll tax and stamp duty). Financial assistance is provided for the following:
- projects that require direct and immediate assistance to help early stage development such as feasibility studies
- greater assistance for more developed businesses to expedite or facilitate expansion of operations
- development of common user infrastructure opportunities that underpin the development of multiple projects
For more information please go to the website here.
Applications are assessed under an appropriate set of criteria. This includes how the proposal will generate:
- regional benefits
- ongoing employment benefits
- sustainable economic development
- additional investment from other sources such as the private sector, the Commonwealth and/or local government
- any broader benefits
- value for money
Businesses need to provide a sufficient level of information to demonstrate how the application meets the assessment criteria.