If your primary production enterprise was impacted by the North and Far North Queensland Monsoon Trough, you may be eligible for a North Queensland Restocking, Replanting & On-farm Infrastructure Grant to assist with further recovery. The purpose of the grants is to assist in restoring eligible primary production enterprises to their productive state, with respect to these items, immediately before the disaster event occurred.
Grants are available for:
- replacing lost livestock
- replanting lost or damaged crops or permanent plantings
- restoring or replacing lost or damaged on-farm infrastructure
To be eligible for this grant you must:
- make a co-contribution of cash funds to match grant funds requested (your contribution can include funds on hand, funds already spent on restoration, or loans)
- work most of your time and earn most of your income from your primary production enterprise, or have the potential to do so
- demonstrate your primary production enterprise will be financially viable once you have made use of the grant
- have a primary production enterprise in one of the below eligible areas.
- Burdekin Shire Council
- Burke Shire Council
- Carpentaria Shire Council
- Charters Towers Regional Council
- Cloncurry Shire Council
- Douglas Shire Council
- Etheridge Shire Council
- Flinders Shire Council
- Hinchinbrook Shire Council
- McKinlay Shire Council
- Richmond Shire Council
- Townsville City Council
- Whitsunday Regional Council
- Winton Shire Council.