If your primary production enterprise was impacted by the North and Far North Queensland Monsoon Trough, 25 January – 14 February 2019, you may be eligible for a North Queensland Restocking, Replanting & On-farm Infrastructure Grant to assist with further recovery. The purpose of the grants is to assist in restoring eligible primary production enterprises to their productive state, with respect to these items, immediately before the disaster event occurred.
Grants of up to $400,000 are available for:
- Restocking lost livestock;
- Replanting lost or damaged crops or permanent plantings;
- Restoring or replacing lost or damaged on-farm infrastructure.
- Make a co-contribution of cash funds to match grant funds requested (your contribution can include funds on hand, funds already spent on restoration, or loans).
- Work most of your time and earn most of your income from your primary production enterprise, or have the potential to do so.
- Demonstrate your primary production enterprise will be financially viable once you’ve made use of the grant.
- Have been approved a $75,000 grant under the Special Disaster Assistance Recovery Grants Scheme delivered by QRIDA, and made full use of this grant.
- Own a primary production enterprise in one of the following Local Government Areas (LGAs):
- Burdekin Shire Council
- Burke Shire Council
- Carpentaria Shire Council
- Cloncurry Shire Council
- Douglas Shire Council
- Flinders Shire Council
- Hinchinbrook Shire Council
- McKinlay Shire Council
- Richmond Shire Council
- Townsville City Council
- Winton Shire Council