The objective of this program is to support small businesses subject to closure or highly impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) shutdown restrictions announced by the Queensland Government, to adapt and sustain their operations, and build resilience.
The program aims to see small and micro businesses:
- prepare for the safe resumption of trading in the post COVID-19 recovery
- access digital technologies to rebuild business operations and transition to a new way of doing business
- respond to online opportunities, where possible, to sustain employment and maintain potential for longer-term growth
- upskill and reskill business owners and staff to benefit from new technologies or business models
- embrace business diversification to adapt and sustain operations
- create or retain employment.
The business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland's Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.